Have you decided it is time to replace your existing roof with a fresh, new system? Has the weather created damage to areas that are beyond repair? Or has your roof outlasted its lifespan? It can be a huge and complex decision to make when a roof needs to be replaced. But, there is an easy and stress-free way to get the job done!
The Roofing Company in Atlanta is the perfect solution! We have helped your neighbors, friends, and other concerned families just like yours in the local area needing a new roof to secure and protect their homes. We understand the stress that comes with such a major decision. So, let’s break it all down and simplify the process.
How Much for a Roof Replacement in Atlanta?
On average, a roof replacement will be between $400 and $600 per square. Use the following chart as a rough inspection of how much a new roof will cost in your area. Of course, the price will vary depending on the material used, the size of your home, roof complexity, removal of old material, and factors determined by the roofing contractor. Be sure to always speak with a trusted contractor about each detail before going forward.
- 1500 square roof: $6,000 to $9,000
- 2000 square roof: $8,000 to $12,000
- 2500 square roof: $10,000 to $15,000
- 3000 square roof: $12,000 to $18,000
- 3500 square roof: $14,000 to $21,000
Signs It’s Time for a Roof Replacement
- Age of the Roof: Most asphalt shingle roofs last between 20 to 25 years. If your roof is approaching or has exceeded this lifespan, it might be time to consider a replacement.
- Shingle Damage: Inspect your shingles regularly for signs of wear, tear, or damage. Curling, cracking, and missing shingles are clear indications that your roof is compromised and needs replacement.
- Roof Leaks: Leaks in your attic or visible water stains on your ceilings are alarming signs that your roof’s integrity has been compromised and should be addressed promptly.
- Increased Energy Bills: A poorly functioning roof may cause temperature fluctuations inside your home, leading to higher energy bills. If you notice a significant increase in utility costs, it might be related to roof problems.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging or uneven roofline is a severe issue that requires immediate attention. It signifies structural damage and necessitates a roof replacement.
Types of Asphalt Roofing Materials
- Affordable: Three-tab asphalt shingles are the most budget-friendly option among the three.
- Easy Installation: The lightweight design of three-tab shingles make them easy and quick to install.
- Decent Durability: Three-tab asphalt shingles can still offer good protection for 20 to 25 years when properly maintained.
- Variety of Colors: Select from a wide range of color options for three-tab shingles.
- Adequate Weather Resistance: Decent resistance against the elements, including wind and rain, makes them a reliable choice.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Premium shingles are thicker and come in a variety of styles, mimicking the look of natural materials such as wood or slate.
- Improved Durability: Premium shingles are more robust and durable than three-tab shingles, typically lasting between 25 to 30 years or more,
- Better Weather Resistance: Premium shingles are designed to withstand harsher weather conditions, including high winds, heavy rain, and hail.
- Longer Warranties: Manufacturers often offer more extended warranties on premium shingles, giving homeowners peace of mind.
- Exceptional Aesthetics: Architectural shingles, also known as dimensional or laminate shingles, offer a multi-dimensional look that adds depth and elegance to your roof.
- Superior Longevity: Architectural shingles are among the most durable roofing options, with a lifespan of 30 to 50 years or more.
- Enhanced Wind Resistance: With their heavyweight and layered design, architectural shingles provide excellent resistance against strong winds.
- Increased Home Value: The enhanced aesthetics and superior durability of architectural shingles can significantly increase the resale value of your home.
Understanding the costs and benefits of different shingle types is vital for making an informed decision about your roof replacement. The Roofing Company in Atlanta offers various shingle options, catering to different budgets and aesthetic preferences. By recognizing the signs that indicate a roof replacement is needed, you can proactively protect your home and ensure its structural integrity for years to come. Remember to consult with us to determine the best shingle type for your specific needs and budget. Call today to discuss your roofing options!